CCA internal products
For CCA’s internal products please check the current release levels. For products where CCA acts as a reseller, please contact our support team via the portal for the information.
For mainframe software if there is a need to get information such as log files, sysout or dumps from the system this can be done by following the steps below.
Contacting CCA for support
The preferred way to contact CCA support in order is as follows:
- Login to the CCA cloud based Jira Service Management Portal via https://support.ccasoftware.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1.
Customers can apply for a login if they do not already have one. The above screen appears after logging into the portal. Additional information on Jira Service Management and online tutorials are available at: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This will create a Jira Issue with a log number of the form CSS-xxxx, and an email will be returned to the sender registering the log (the xxxx is the next sequential number available in Jira). All future communications on this log should be with the provided subject line containing the log number (ie REPLY-TO is best way to respond). This will automatically add comments to the log and inform others who are associated with the log of any update activity.
- If you wish to contact our support staff, you can call us during AEST business hours on +61-3-9894-0055.
- Those customers with urgent production queries outside AEST business hours and who have out of hours support contracts can call our toll free number 1800-653-189(Australia only) to request an immediate call back from support staff.
Server based products
For server based products zip up the required logs and other product information and either add it to the JSM portal or email the CCA support address.
Sending attachments over 10MB
For attachments greater than 10MB contact CCA for alternative delivery mechanisms, such as Dropbox, website upload or our customer ftp site credentials.
Mainframe software support steps
- When the product abends during normal operation, please re-run it with
“//SYSABEND DD SYSOUT=*”, and with MSGLEVEL=(1,1) on the job card.
- Pre-allocate a disk dataset called “out” with about 100 cyls of space, with a record length of 133, RECFM=FBA and BLKSIZE of 0.
- In SDSF, place an “s” (not a?) next to the job and hit enter.
- On the command line type:
PRINT ODSN OUT (and hit enter)
PRINT (and hit enter)
PRINT CLOSE (and hit enter)
- FTP the “out” file to your workstation, converting the EBCDIC, file to ASCII in the process.
- ZIP up the ASCII file, and attach to an email and send it to our support team (this will frequently be a large attachment, in the neighbourhood of 10mb).
How to report an issue to CCA Software
For all customers who have a current support agreement, CCA prefers customers to use the JSM portal or email our email@example.com address.
Before reporting an issue for the first time, CCA requests the following information be determined and then provided as part of the issue report:
"*" indicates required fields